A fairy tale about the smelly feet of a duck
Dionysius and his dearest friend Dolores were spending an unforgettable day in the park. They rode on roller skates. They were sailing on a sailboat. In the shade of a sprawling tree, they feasted on delicious cucumber sandwiches.
Dionysius was very fond of Dolores. It was clear, that Dolores had a sympathy for Dionysius too.
Dolores, rozchichotana, she proposed:
– Come on Dionysius, we'll take off our shoes, the grass will tickle our feet.
– This is the idea – ucieszył się Dionizy. – Okay, we take off!
Dionizy had slipped off his left shoe and was just getting ready to kick his right shoe out, when suddenly … BEE ! Dolores fell to the ground.
– O rety! Oops! – exclaimed Dionysius. He fanned his beloved's face with a napkin, for more fresh air. – What happened, dearest? What happened!?
Dolores opened her eyes and muttered something.
– O rety ! Oops! I do not understand, what are you saying – martwił się Dionizy, continuing to wave and fan, fan and wave.
Dolores began to mumble again.
– I do not understand, I do not understand – denerwował się Dionizy, still waving desperately.
Dolores let out a desperate groan.
– Dolores, Dear, what should I do? What should I do? – cried poor Dionysius.
Dolores sat down, she took a deep breath.
– PLACE YOUR SHOES IMMEDIATELY! – she screamed. – YOUR LEGS … They smell like old cheese!
BOOK! And she slapped the ground heavily again.
– O rety! Oops! – exclaimed Dionysius.
He did not know, what to do first - fan Dolores or put on shoes.
– Boots, boots – jęczała półprzytomnie Dolores.
So he put on his shoes.
Dolores recovered quickly.
– No, a moment longer and it would be for me – westchnęła.
Dionysius helped her up, and she plucked a squashed cucumber sandwich out of her hair. Dionysius was terribly stupid with the lethal scent of his feet.
– Don't worry so much – pocieszała ukochanego Dolores, patting his hand. – I think, that a bath would do the trick.
Dionysius was of the same opinion. Long, a hot bath with lots of foam will surely kill that smell. So he said goodbye to his beloved and ran home. He poured water into the tub and soaked in a hot bubble bath for an hour. And fifteen more minutes.
Now his legs smelled wonderful. There is not even a trace of the old stench. So Dionysius called Dolores, to share great news with her. She, on the other hand, received the news with real joy.
– Maybe tonight you'd like to find out yourself, that is true? – asked Dionysius, very confident.
Dolores politely declined, instead, she accepted an invitation to the cinema.
In the Dionizy cinema, he gave them the largest bucket of popcorn, a box of chocolates and a huge drink with two tubes. So, so, there was no doubt, that Dionysius had a soft spot for Dolores. And she certainly returned his affection. They sat huddled together in row thirteenth - for thirteen was their favorite number. The lights went out. Music leaked from the speakers. The movie was about to begin, when suddenly Dionysius felt, that something was hurting him terribly in his left mouth under his big finger.
– O rety! Oops! – he whispered to Dolores. – I think I have something in my shoe.
– You absolutely have to take it out, before the movie starts – odpowiedziała. – Otherwise, it will distract you all the time.
Dionysius untied his shoelace and slipped his shoe off his foot. Suddenly he heard … PAC!
– O rety! Oops! – he was terrified.
It was Dolores who slapped her face against the popcorn. LOOT! LOOT! LOOT! LOOT! All viewers in their row, and also in the next, and the next, next, next, they fled their places. There were shouts from everywhere:
– YUCK! YUCK! – and everyone pushed to leave in panic.
In the hall, a policeman called through a loudspeaker:
– HEY YOU, FETHOREK DUCK, Put on your shoes and take it out of here!
Dionysius was terribly stupid, that his legs smell bad. Again! And it's in a public place. Dolores took a grain of popcorn from her ear, she patted Dionysius gently on the hand and said:
– Sweetheart, and maybe talk would help you?
Dionysius looked at her and sighed heavily:
Upon returning home, Dionysius took a shower and sprinkled talcum powder on his feet. Then he sprinkled them with a special deodorant. It sprinkled! It sprinkled! And sprinkled again! The toes smelled the most beautiful. They smelled as good as never before. Dionysius went to bed very happy, because he knew, that now his legs smell lovely.
The next morning he knocked on his beloved's door.
– You're going to the beach with me? – he asked with a broad smile on his face and fragrant feet in his boots.
– With pleasure – odparła Dolores.
So they packed a blanket, towels, a bucket and spatulas and a big striped umbrella, and off they went.
Dionysius stuck his umbrella in the sand and he and Dolores sat down in its shadow. They stared at the horizon and watched the waves. Later they collected shells. They also built a sand castle for two. Then they shared a hot dog with loads of mustard. So, Dionysius undoubtedly had a crush on Dolores, and she in him. She looked him in the eye and asked:
– We run our fingers in the sand?
Just in case, Dionysius checked, which side the wind is blowing from. Just in case, he pinched Dolores's nose with a clothespin.
Unfortunately, it was not enough. When Dionysius took off his shoes, Dolores passed out for the third time.
– O, FOOOOOOOOOOOOO! – the crowd of sunbathers shouted.
And the lifeguard in the tower blew a whistle with all his might and called out:
– SAVE WHO CAN!
– Water! Water! – Dolores muttered weakly through the clamped nose.
Dionysius quickly grabbed the bucket, he scooped up water from the sea and splashed Dolores in the face. HAIR!
– NOT ON ME! – Dolores gasped. – FOR YOUR SMALL LEGS!
– O rety! Oops! – Dionysius was really sad, when he was wading in the sea.
It hadn't been a successful day at the beach. It was not a successful trip of Dionysius and Dolores.
– My legs suffer from the faintest stench, and there is nothing I can do about it – westchnął Dionizy, when he came out of another long one, hot bath with foam.
Dolores sat down next to him, She patted his hand and sighed heavily, and they sat there in silence for long, long time. Suddenly Dolores felt something - an intense stench. And it was not from the feet of Dionysius! No! The smell came from the bedroom closet.
– Aha! – Dolores exclaimed cheerfully. – There is a dog buried here! It's not about your smelly feet!
– O rety! Oops! Really? – rejoiced Dionysius.
Dolores pinched her nose and shook her head.
– No, Not at all. Your legs are fine. It's your shoes doing. You just have stinky boots.
They both started sniffing … When they woke up, they understood … So, they were really shoes. They got rid of them as soon as possible. All couples, every one.
Dionysius felt, that he is even more in love with Dolores now. And Dolores still loved him back. And it was really cute. As it turned out, not a stinker foot, nor booties stinks are not a problem, when it comes to cupids.
The stench of Dionysius's legs was still there. So what? The most important, that Dionysius and Dolores really loved each other.
We especially recommend it coloring pages with ducklings.